Monday, May 19, 2014

mishmash monday

 Spring has really sprung around here.  The robins made a nest on top of last years nest, and we have three new babies growing above our side door light fixture.

Then, we also have a slew of what I believe are baby american tree sparrows.  Mama made the nest under the cover of our propane tank.  We are getting low on propane, but we called the company and asked them not to deliver any propane for at least ten days.  I read on google the babies leave the nest after nine days.



The babies get priority over hot water!

Jeff put a piece of styrofoam between the two tanks, because he was worried they could slide down in between when they fledge.  Don't want them to get stuck!

Chewy and I went to our first trial of the season last week.  It was on Tuesday night after work.

I got to the trial and realized I had left the cooler of chicken and meatballs in the fridge!!!!!!!

I was so mad at myself.  All I had was some bacon buddy bisuits and kibble.  I tried giving that to Chewy, but he kept spitting them out saying, "I'm at AGILITY!!!!  I get the good stuff here, what is this crap?"

I borrowed some meat roll from someone, but he wasn't happy with that either.

So, I wasn't expecting much from either standard run.  We didn't q at all.

We had a tunnel/dogwalk discrimination, he was supposed to take the dogwalk, which is his FAVORITE.  I didn't think twice about that being a problem, and he took the tunnel.  Shocker.  Later, he refused to go in a tunnel at all.  Go figure.

BUT, he did all 12 weave poles BOTH times AND sat/stayed at the startline AND made all his contacts AND didn't have any teeter issues.  WhooHoo. Awesome dog!

I was so proud of him, especially since he really wasn't happy with the reward.  Good thing he loves to run, jump and climb stuff. He was a happy boy.

Tomorrow night, we go back for two games... the dreaded strategic time gamble and traditional gamblers.  I've given us a crash course on distance for the past two days, hoping we can pull something off tomorrow.

This time, I won't forget the chicken!

Oh, while at agility, Oreo practiced getting out of the car, finding his mat, sitting, eating treats, back in the car, repeat. We're trying to work on him not panicking when we get out of the car, and having a 'car routine'.  He did awesome!  He'll get better treats tomorrow.

11 comments:

Bailey said...

What amazing shots. We've had some odd nesting sites, but never the propone tanks.

Congrats Chewy.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Guess u arent gonna be Sheltie mother of the year by forgetting the chicken and meatballs for agility. Lol

Sara said...

Yea, he gave me the ol' guilt trip.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

A sheltie never forgets too. You better show him the meatballs before u get in the car next time.

Sara said...

True! I'll give him some in the car!

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

It is going to be bursting with babies in your yard...Chewy will do better net time - when he has his treats - heaven forbid you forgot the most important part :)

Diana said...

Thats to funny that he kept spitting out the treats. lol. Great job on agility!!

Caren Gittleman said...

you are so incredibly kind to the birdies!! YAY YOU! The photos are amazing!
Too funny about Chewy spitting out treats! lol

YourSpecialDog said...

Good dog , we love them too . Remember to enter our giveaway to win some great dog products :)

Dawn said...

Awww Chewy, don't be too hard on your mom, she has a lot going on at the end of the school year. And really. Treats are treats! You should take what you can get out of her!

Priscilla Phang said...

I guess you will never forget Chewy's premium treats whenever you go for agility in the future! Shelties are clever and they remember everything :)

So glad to hear that both boys are doing so well! Oreo is getting braver and braver, I love his smiles.