Monday, January 13, 2014

polar opposites

Hate to use the word "polar" after last week....but look at the place Chewy prefers to lay his head:


compared to Oreo:


Polar opposites, huh?

It was a miserable day here on Saturday.  Melting snow, torrential downpours and the yard was an ice rink most of the day. Not good weather to be out with the dogs, even though it was warm.   Luckily we had an indoor agility class that afternoon.

We did some really hard courses, and Chewy was amazing!   Was so proud of him.   He's reading rear crosses, front crosses, getting HARD weave entries, and charging into tunnels.   I think I'm finally figuring out how to run him too.  I now know when I have to stop my motion to prevent him from going off course.  That has been a huge step for me.  I can't tell you how GOOD he is at class too.  He never barks (even when all the other dogs are barking their heads off), he goes right in his crate when I ask him too, and patiently waits his turn.  I take no credit for this behavior, it's simply his way.  I'm really lucky.

Oreo & Chewy came home ready to go right to sleep.  So glad I decided to go, despite the treacherous weather.

Sunday was much better, and we had our grassy yard back.  No snow, just a couple ice piles.  The dogs were ready to RUN!   We took a nice long walk in the woods, where lots and lots of various types of poop was found now that the snow had melted.  More playtime. Then, sleep.....

Boy, this weekend went by quick.  So unfair.

7 comments:

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Chewy and Benji are so much alike! Benji sleeps in such odd places -- Mommy finds herself moving obstacles out of his way all the time when he is sleeping. Mommy is always like -- he can't be comfortable laying all twisted like that -- why on earth did he choose that spot to take a nap.

Collie222 said...

This had me laughing, because I have seen my collies sleep in some odd places and positions too! Nice to meet you!

Bailey said...

It's got to be a sheltie thing. They love the hard and the soft. More than once I've found it painful to watch them sleep. After which they will seek the softest of blankets to put down their heads. Go figure.

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

you gotta get out and enjoy it while you can - we here the last week on January is going to be very cold again :(

Diana said...

Learning how to run your dog, especially a fast dog, can be hard to learn. Good for you!! Yay!!

houndstooth said...

I'm glad class went so well for you! I'm with Oreo on the napping arrangements. And I agree, the weekend was WAY too short!

Helen said...

Still have a lot of ice and snow here but at least some has melted. Took Beckett and Keltic for an agility practice on Sunday. My last practice run with Beckett was an amazing rush; we were so in sync. Keltic is starting to show some good skills but weave entries isn't one of them, something to work on.