Tuesday, December 6, 2011

tricky t-day ~ skater boy

At one time, I had quite the obsession with skater boys.

Now, I'm trying to relive those days through my dogs!

This trick is a work in progress.  Neither Oreo nor Chewy are truly "skating", but I feel as though Oreo is sooooo close.  Chewy is also on his way, but would make more progress if he didn't keep offering me all his tricks.  Secretly, I love when he does that, because I know he is trying to figure out what I want, because what do all teachers want?  We want everyone to try their best.

http://vimeo.com/33083507
Got our first trick list for Silvia's advanced tricks class yesterday!  One trick we are well on our way to achieving.  One should be doable.  The third, well, I think we will need Silvia's help.  Fun stuff though! Oreo was very excited to start doing some new stuff.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow look at them go! They are both so smart! Chewy has a beautiful tail that I never noticed before.

Diana said...

OMG, they look awesome!! Im very jealous of your training space!!!!!

Kathy said...

FANTASTIC, that is such a fun trick and your dogs are doing so well!

Helen said...

Yes, I think Oreo is pretty close but that Chewy is fearless, he's probably going to learn to pop wheelies!!!

And yes he has a beautiful tail, I call them flags. Poor Tucker has such a stump of a tail.

houndstooth said...

They are doing so well with that! You have some very smart and talented pups!

injoyinmylife said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so impressed with both of them. They are really in to it. This is terrific, and so are you, Sara. You are a darn good trainer.

Ellen said...

What kind of treats do you use for training?

That was really cool to see the two of them in action on the skateboard!

Priscilla said...

The two boys are really wonderful. I'm completely impressed by their talents.

I do wish I know how to teach Eva like how you teach Oreo and Chewy.

Ricky the Sheltie said...

Great work!! Oreo is doing the tripod really well. I didn't ever try too hard but Ricky only pushes with two feet. How did you get the third foot on? Chewy is hilarious offering tricks on the skateboard! Very fun!

Sara said...

Ricky, I got the third foot by clicking for that foot touching theboard. We've done so much "leg work" lately that both dogs offered the behavior. The key is to click for 3 feet, never reward 4 on.

Reilly / Denny Cowspotdogs said...

You guys will have it it no time - and soon we will see you in commercials !

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

When we started reading the post -- Mommy was like -- I wonder if there will be a video with the Skater Boy song in it -- and sure enough there was! Mommy was all smiles from ear to ear! Thanks for making Mommy's day! We all think you guys are awesome on the skateboard! So cool!

Ludo van Doggy said...

They is both doing so well, Chewie's enthusiasm is wonderful and Oreo is so close! You seem to be getting do much out of your Silvia stuff, I'm jealous!