Saturday, November 22, 2008

misty learning the chute

I wanted to make a video this weekend of Misty doing a three jump/tunnel sequence, because she has been doing that for the past few days. However, it is too cold out for me (don't think the dogs would care), and I think the camera lens would fog up.

So, I decided to start teaching Misty the chute in our hallway, which is where Oreo learned.

Here is a video of our progress so far. Not bad for our first go at it. The chute is out about half way. We worked on it for about 15 minutes, and by the end, both dogs were wiped out. I think it helped Misty to have Oreo going through it first(despite my efforts to try and hold him back), because he provided some "light at the end of the tunnel".

It was funny, because sometimes I thought I sent Misty in the tunnel, but Oreo was the one who came out of the chute. It was almost like they were performing a magic trick on me.

video

5 comments:

Ludo van puppy said...

Hello, we've just found your blog. I'm going to come have a read back through your posts but I've loved watching your agility training videos.
~Ludo's mum.

Diana said...

Thats very funny. Misty goes in, Oreo comes out. Diana

Ricky the Sheltie said...

That's a nice chute - did you make it or buy it? Misty seems to really enjoy doing some agility with you - Oreo and Misty together are hilarious!

Sara said...

I got the tunnel/chute combo as part of our "agility in a bag" kit from affordableagility.com.

Sara said...

I just checked their website, and they also sell just the chute, that you can attach to your own tunnel. Here's the link, if you want to check it out:

http://www.affordableagility.com/chute-light.htm